Film (you can include just what we watched in class or anything from the rest of the movie, if you choose to watch the movie in its entirety.
Wednesday, May 28, 2014
1. Write an analytical paragraph about the following quote: “Ignorance is bliss.”You must address three sources: Flowers for Algernon, "Homr," and "Patrick Smartpants."
"Patrick Smartpants" can be found on You Tube.
"Homr" can be found online if you know how to look for it. There is also a Wiki or summary found online.
**7Eleven and SK8 due Tuesday (technical difficulties Thursday).
Posted by Ms. Drosdick at 7:19 AM
Monday, May 19, 2014
Flowers for Algernon 35 Multiple Choice
- · Words used in context and within sentences.
· Charlie Gordon
· Fay Lillman
· Norma Gordon
· Dr. Strauss
· Prof. Nemur
· Alice Kinnian
· Rose Gordon
· Matt Gordon
· Figurative language?
o Ignorance is bliss.
o Perception vs. reality
· What are some examples of symbolism from his flashbacks?
Comprehension and Critical Thinking:
· What is the purpose of the surgery?
· How does Charlie feel after the purpose?
· What discoveries does Charlie make about the people around him?
· What are some of Charlie’s memories about his sister growing up?
· Describe how Alice and Charlie’s relationship is changing.
· What happened at Dr. Guarino’s?
· What were the major events of the convention?
· What is Charlie’s new plan after the convention?
· How have Charlie’s emotions changed since the surgery?
· What are some of Charlie’s issues with women?
Posted by Ms. Drosdick at 9:45 AM